What is “Specified Skilled Worker VISA” ?
What is “Specified skilled worker” visa?
Specified Skilled Worker visa (特定技能とくていぎのう) is a status of residence aimed at addressing the serious labor shortage in Japan by accepting experienced foreign human resources with specific expertise and skills.
1. Specified Skilled Worker (i)
A status of residence for foreigners engaged in work requiring skills that need considerable knowledge of or experience in Specified Industry Fields
2. Specified Skilled Worker (ii)
A status of residence for foreigners engaged in jobs that require proficient skills in Specified Industry Fields.
Outline of the system
Fields in which specified skilled foreign workers can be accepted
The specific specified industry fields, which are designated in “the Notice on Basic Policy concerning Operation of the Program Relating to the Specified Skilled Worker Residency Status” and “the Policy on Operation of the Program Relating to the Specified Skilled Worker Residency Status” (both adopted by the Cabinet meeting on December 25, 2018), are as follows:
- Foreigners shall be supported by “Accepting Organization” or “Registered Supporting Organization”.
- There is no particular requirements in regard to foreigners’ educational backgrounds.
- Foreigners must be over 18 years of age.
- Foreigners are able to change their workplaces in the same job category (type of work).
How to get a “Specified Skilled” visa?
- You must pass either ①N4 or higher (N1, N2, N3) of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) or ②the Japan Foundation Test for Basic Japanese (JFT-Basic) to measure the level of Japanese language proficiency needed by specified skilled visa.*JLPT: check HERE – Test schedule
*JFT-Basic : check HERE –Test schedule
*click the following link to see the difficulty of N4: JLPT N4 difficulty check
- You must pass the necessary Skill Evaluation Test of the specified industry field that you want to work in.
→To measure the foreign applicants’ requiring skills, the Government in Japan assigned an agency to every sector that will take charge for the evaluation process.For example, in the construction industry, the MLIT (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism) was assigned to conduct the computer-based exam while for the nursing care industry, it’s the MHLW (Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare).You can refer to the table below for the full list of data:
- Find an accepting organization (company) who will hire you directly in Japan.
- Registered Supporting Organization applies for a Certificate of Eligibility.
- A Certificate of Eligibility will arrive from the Registered Supporting Organization.
- Apply for a visa at the Japanese embassy or consulate in your home country.
- With a visa and Certificate of Eligibility, you will undergo Immigration in Japan and will be issued a Residence Card.
- Labor starts under the Registered Supporting Organization. You can reside up to 5 years (in the case of “Specified Skilled Worker (i)”).
*If the job category falls under the category of “Specified Skilled Worker (ii)”, an application for visa renew can be made after working for 5 years. It opens the way to permanent residence.
We offer you a job, Care Taker, Restaurant, Construction, IT Engineer, Customer attendance, Food Manufacturing/Bento Factory and more! Not only offer you a good job but we also take a good care of you after employment on your relationships with your employer.