How to start a job as a Caregiver
What is “Specified Skilled Worker”?
About the status of residence “Specified Skilled Worker” please check HERE
You can stay in Japan up to 5 years with this working visa.
First, you have to pass all the test required: JLPT N4 or higher, Nursing care skills evaluation test and Nursing care Japanese language evaluation test.
Now we skip JLPT and tell you about the latter two.
- Those who take the test should be 17 years old or over, by the Western style of calculating age.
- Those who has Japanese nationality are not allowed to take the test.
- Those with a status of residence can take the test.
- Those who are staying in Japan on a “short-term stay” residency status can take the test.
(Those without a history of mid to long-term residency can also take the test.)
Those who do not have a residency status (illegal immigrants etc.) will not be permitted to take the test.
*However, please note that even if you pass the test, it does not guarantee you will receive a “Specified Skilled Worker” residency status, and even if you apply for a certificate of eligibility, or apply for a change of residence status, you may not necessarily receive them.
- Nursing care skills evaluation test: JPY 1,000
- Nursing care Japanese language evaluation test: JPY 1,000
NUMBER OF QUESTIONS
- Nursing care skills evaluation test: 45 questions
- Nursing care Japanese language evaluation test: 15 questions
DURATION OF TEST
- Nursing care skills evaluation test: 60 minutes
- Nursing care Japanese language evaluation test: 30 minutes
To schedule, reschedule and cancel has to be done at least three business days prior to the test date by 23:59 (at least four business days by 23:59 if the test date falls at the weekend).
No rescheduling or cancellations are allowed once the Schedule / Reschedule / Cancel period ends. Please note that no refunds will be offered for the fee and the voucher, nor will the voucher be reissued, regardless of your presence or absence on the test day.
- Those who passed the test are not allowed to take the test again.
- Those who failed the test, counting from the next day of test date, a waiting period of 45 days is required prior to attempting the same exam again.
- Your test results will be displayed on the screen at the end of the test.
- Your result notification will be available within 5 business days counting from your test date. To view your result notification, please login with the login button at the top of the page.
FIRST OF ALL, ACCESS THE TOP PAGE FOR THE TEST REGISTRATION SITE!!
You can make a reservation of Nursing care skills evaluation test and Nursing care Japanese language evaluation test from HERE.
If you are still confused about the application procedure or need consultation, please fill out the application form:
→TokyoJob will contact you to teach you how to do it step by step and give you advice if you need it.
TOKYOJOB is a Registered Support Organization.
After passing these tests, you will be given job offers and life support from TOKYOJOB ! Please feel free to contact us.